Daniel Oriesek is the Head of European Recruiting based in Booz Allen Hamilton’s Zurich office. Before taking this position he was a project manager with the firm.
Project work included:
· Medium-size IT-provider: New organizational design and restructuring for customer orientation, cost effectiveness and flexibility
· Large Swiss energy company: designing and implementing a new corporate governance system
· Large Swiss telecommunications provider: assessment of the Swiss cabling and maintenance market for telecommunication networks and development of options for the spin-off of a daughter company, which included evaluation of potential synergies to be achieved during the PMI phase
· Large German generics company: Development of visions for the future development of the company, including portfolio strategy and organizational design
· German telecommunications provider: designing and implementing a group-wide internal billing/ managerial accounting system
· Major German bank: group-wide benchmarking in search of identifying EUR 500 mio. in cost savings
· Large Swiss museum: strategic audit and design of a public-private partnership model including concepts for future cooperation
· Major Swiss IT-supplier: design and implementation of the world-wide organization for maximum flexibility in light of dynamic growth, including the design of standardized M&A / PMI processes
· Swedish insurance company: designing a risk management methodology
· German telecommunications provider: blueprinting new reporting structures and developing an incentive system to support the transition to a new organizational structure
Besides the above project experience, Daniel has actively in promoted the tool of business wargaming in Europe. He has published articles and participated in various military and commercial simulations. His latest recruiting initiative, called the “Booz Allen CEO Challenge” consists of a 2 ˝ workshop with top MBA students based on a scaled down client wargame and is currently rolled out globally.
Before joining Booz Allen & Hamilton, Daniel was a buy-side financial analyst with UBS Brinson in New York and prior to that he worked in several functions within UBS in Zurich.
Daniel holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Management from City University in Zurich, an MBA from the Stern School of Business at New York University and a PhD from Southern California University for Professional Studies. His dissertation topic was: Maximizing Corporate Reputation through effective Governance.
Daniel is a Swiss citizen. In addition to his native German, he is fluent in English and has a good knowledge of French.